All Are Welcome and We Can Operate at All Light Settings of the Covid Protection Framework
Good News….We have had clear guidance from Sport New Zealand and Surfing NZ, that no matter whether the Waikato region is under the Red, Orange or Green light setting, we can continue to deliver lessons.
Yes, there are maximum group sizes of 10 people under the red light, but since our maximum group sizes have always been 5 students and 1 coach, that won’t be an issue.
As a business we have decided not to require Vaccine Passports for customers, this means if you book on one of our courses or camps you could be surfing alongside both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals. All are welcome and we respect everyone’s privacy on these matters.
Procedures to Minimise Covid Risk:
You’re probably as bored of the Covid talk as we are! But to ensure things run smoothly, we have put the following procedures in place for all our beginner courses. Our private lessons, Novice and Intermediate Coaching Camps will also have similar procedures in place, but we will explain those to you via email in the lead up to your lesson or camp.
Please read through the below so you know exactly what to expect. Then during the courses we can just talk about surfing, have fun and forget about covid for a few hours…
- Before your lesson you must agree to our waiver, cancellation policy and complete the medical questionnaire. These are all on our booking form. If you are booking in a group we must have these completed by each individual.
- Please make payment online via internet banking before your lesson.
- If you have any flu like symptoms leading up to your lessons, please do not attend the lessons and let us know as soon as possible so that we can fill your place.
- On arrival for your lessons let’s keep it contact-less, so no handshakes/hugs etc on arrival or departure.
- You can choose to sign in with the tracing app, our QR code is on the back window of our vehicle. We will already have all your names and contact information anyway.
- You will be given your wetsuits to keep over the duration of the surf course to minimise sharing. If you cannot keep the wetsuits yourselves, we will clean them with disinfectant between every lesson, just place them in the bucket afterwards.
- During the lessons,There are no requirements for physical distancing while participating in the actual lessons.
- No sharing of food and drinks with people outside your own group during breaks
- We will no longer do our surf forecasting sessions at local cafes (as we sometimes did in the past), instead we will do this at the beach or in the carpark after the 3rd lesson, bring your phones for that session.
- You will be contacted after the lesson if it is found that a Covid + person has attended a lesson that you were also on.
We have a maximum of only 5 people on each surf course (to keep coaching quality high) and nearly all of them are fully booked as our availability is limited. Any last minute cancellations have a financial impact on our business, and they also mean people that otherwise would have booked a lesson, miss out.
So with that in mind we greatly appreciate open communication, and as much notice as possible that you may not be attending – that way we have a better chance of getting someone else on the course.
Here is our cancellation policy:
- Cancellations made 14 days or more before a course will get 100% refund, or you can choose to postpone to later date
- Cancellations made less than 14 days before a course will not get a refund but can transfer to another course at a later date if the cancellation was unavoidable
- No shows/Cancellations on the day the course begins will not receive any refund
- If Covid Travel Restrictions are imposed and prevent you attending, you will get 100% refund or the chance to attend a later date
- If we cancel a lesson due to dangerous surf conditions, you will get a refund for the missed lesson or the chance to attend a later date
- Since we can operate at red, orange and green lights under the covid protection framework, no refunds will be given even if Raglan is under the red light setting and you choose not to come for your booked lessons
With That Out of the Way, Find a Coaching Option…
There are a number of ways you can learn to surf or improve your surfing with us. Click here to select your surfing level and find what’s best for you.