- Three 2018 Trips Available, June 22-30(1 spot left), Sept 15-23(2 spots left) and Sept 25-Oct 3(full) – 8 Nights / 9 Days
- From $1850 NZD – All inclusive: Accommodation, 3 meals, daily surf coaching and transfers ex Bali
- Simply fly to Bali – We’ll stay the first night at a hotel in Seminyak then depart as a group to Java early the next morning
The surf in Indonesia is well-known for it’s consistency, quality and huge variety of surf spots. It’s Disneyland. You are pretty much guaranteed good waves every single day. But, Indonesia is not all shallow coral reefs and challenging waves. There are plenty of world class beginner and intermediate surf spots too. This trip will head to a beautiful location with sand bottom breaks ideal for novices and intermediates wanting to progress fast.
We’ll be staying right on the beachfront in a lush tropical garden complete with swimming pool, fast wifi and air-conditioned rooms. Our daily routine will involve 2 surf coaching sessions plus theory lessons and video review back at the camp. All your meals are taken care of so you can relax and focus on improving.
This is the perfect location to get consistent practice on high quality waves with minimal crowds and an easy paddle out. I’ll sometimes paddle out with you to help you build wave knowledge and confidence or find the best take off spots, but will also be filming most of your sessions so that you can quickly see and improve your technique.
A highlight of these trips is the group support and new friends you’ll make, and last years trips had a broad range of ages. If you’ve been thinking about an Indo surf trip and never had the right people to go with or the knowledge of where to go, join us!
Day 1: Check in to the hotel in Bali, go for a surf, chill, meet the others and go out for dinner.
Day 2: We will be picked up early from Bali and travel north to meet our ferry to Java. We’ll have the chance to stop for a surf at a mellow wave on the way. Once on Java we’ll have another couple of hours drive to the surf camp. (It’s a long journey but the best places always take some getting to. The ferry ride breaks it up, the views are amazing and we stop for Breakfast and Lunch.)
Day 3 – 7: We’ll have 5 full days of 2 surfs per day. One day if conditions suit, we can take a side trip to a friendly A-frame reef break in the jungle near G-land. There are some other adventures in the area too; volcano tours, coffee plantations, boat trips, rafting. We can do some of these if you’re keen.
Day 8: We head back to Bali early, again stopping to surf along the way. Check in to our accommodation and go out for a group dinner.
Day 9: Our last day so we’ll start with an early surf then check out the famous spots of the Bukit peninsula such as Uluwatu.
What level is the Surf Camp for?
Level 2, 3 and lower level 4 surfers. You can check your level here. If you’ve done my beginner surf course and surfed regularly since, you’ll find this surf trip flows on perfectly from that. If you’re more experienced we will work at cleaning up your technique and learning new moves by video analysis of your sessions.
The options include private/double rooms, triple share and 6 bed dorms. The price will vary slightly depending on what you go for so let me know your preferred option. All rooms have aircon. The grounds are amazing and we are right in front of the surf break. There is also a pool for post-surf relaxing, a pool table, volley-ball court, hammocks and bean bags for relaxing in between sessions. The food is amazing and a highlight of the trip, you won’t go hungry as it’s basically all you can eat!
Novice / Intermediate Surf Camp Indonesia
✓ Daily coaching on topics specific to your needs and that of the group
✓ Video analysis and photography sessions
✓ In-water coaching for support and help with positioning/timing of waves
✓ All your surfing footage downloaded to dropbox
✓ 6 nights a/c accommodation Java
✓ 2 nights a/c accommodation in Bali
✓ 3 meals daily and unlimited drinking water
✓ Transfers to/from Bali to Java
✓ Guided surf tour of Bali on last day
For some of you this might be your first surf trip. If you have your own surfboard(s) bring them with you, I can advise on the best airlines and their baggage policies. There is also a good range of hire boards on Java, and I can help arrange these if you need them.
Here are a few tips on what to arrange and what to bring.
- Travel Insurance is a must have for everyone on this trip.
- Surfing everyday in the tropics can lead to wear and tear on your body. Bring a quality wetsuit vest which will provide protection for your ribs and stomach while paddling, and protection from the sun. Even though it’s the tropics, morning sessions can sometimes have a chilly breeze.
- Reef boots from a surf shop are a good idea. We’ll be surfing sand bottom breaks mostly but may visit a mellow reef break along the way, and when exploring they come in handy. Make sure they are a snug fit.
- Mosquito repellant and light long sleeve tops/long pants may come in handy in the evenings.
- Pack light – you can buy almost anything in Bali.
If you want to join the camp please get in touch and tell me your accommodation preference (private room, twin share or shared dorm room). The prices are as follows:
- Private room for solo traveler: $2150
- Twin share room: $1950 per person
- Shared dorm room Java (6 nights) and Twin share room Bali (2 nights): $1850 per person
To secure a space on the trip, a deposit of $300-450 will be needed depending on the accommodation option These trips booked up fast last year and many people missed out, so I’d recommend getting in early.